We are looking for a highly skilled, results-oriented attorney to join our growing legal team as an Associate General Counsel in Lakewood, NJ. The qualified individual should have significant corporate legal experience at a regionally (or nationally) recognized law firm or in-house corporate legal department.
Responsibilities will include: providing legal advice and counsel to executives and management regarding complex transactions, litigations and regulatory and compliance matters, tax and accounting issues; and preparing contracts and legal memoranda.
The individual should have excellent presentation and writing skills, the ability to quickly master complex legal and regulatory issues, and to work effectively across business functions in a matrixed organization.
- J.D. degree or its equivalent from an accredited law school and licensed to practice law in the United States
- Four (4) years minimum experience in a law firm or corporate law department, or combination of the above.
- Effective legal research and writing skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple complex matters simultaneously
- Sound judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to collaborate as an effective member of the team
- Excellent work product and attention to detail
- Litigation experience and skills a plus
- Relocation to Lakewood is required for this position.
A moment with One of Our In-House Lawyers
Ben Turin, General Counsel, shares what it’s like to work in Oorah’s legal department:
(O) What kind of cases do you work on?
(BT) Our department works on many diverse projects! These include business transactions, litigation matters, regulatory compliance and tax research.
(O) How does the legal team work?
(BT) Our attorneys work on certain projects on their own, but in most cases we interface extensively with other team members at Oorah. We also seek advice from outside counsel when we need assistance with a particular specialized area of the law.
(O) What’s it like to work for Oorah?
(BT) It’s a great environment! It’s great for work-life balance, which can be especially challenging for lawyers who often have to travel to the city. It’s the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking for an intellectually challenging work environment, but wants to remain closer to home, both literally and figuratively.